Recently, a friend of mine challenged me to think
of a word that would be my word for the year...
{a word that I can strive to {be} in my daily life}
*on days when I am homesick and miss friends & family...
*in the early morning when I'm tired & dont want to get out of bed...
*when I'm at the grocery store with 3 crazy kids {& one on the way}...
*when I'm overwhelmingly drowning in a sea of toys...
*when my husband is working long hours and I miss him so...
*not to mention those late evenings when my kids just want to spend time with Daddy...
I could go on, and on....
But, thats not what this is about,
this is about finding something that can
draw me near to Jesus in my struggles
and times of need, and can refresh me in a
way that no other can.
Thats why I think that the word that the Lord
has laid on my heart for this year is
JOY
Looking for JOY in the little things,
its all around, but can become
clouded when we're not looking for it.
Being a Mom is the job that the Lord
has given me. Just like any other job,
I should take it seriously, and always
do my best!
{Even on days when I don't feel like it}
I pray that the Lord opens my eyes
to see the JOY in everything!
Even the JOY in the worst situations!
I want to be a beacon of light and JOY for
all those who cross my path!
The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3
Not that we lord it over your faith, but we work
with you for your joy, because it is by faith you stand firm.
2nd Corinthians 1:20
I hope this inspires you to think of your own
'word for the year'
I am excited to begin looking for the joy
in both the seen as well as the unseen this year!
...for the joy of the Lord is my strength.
Nehemiah 8:10





No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE hearing your feedback!!
Thanks,
Jen