{kindergarten: noun, a school or
class for very young children}
or as Ethan would say...
schmindergarten!
Well, we've been just started our second week
of kindergarten!
{LOVED our long lazy weekend
in Amarillo, pics to come!}
Here's a look at Miss Emma's 1st Day of Kinder!
About to be a big Kindergartener!
{In bed early, teeth brushed, clothes laid
out, bedtime story read!}
We got up bright and early to eat
some yummy breakfast burritos,
and to take lots {and LOTS} of pictures!
Ritchie got Emma her very own string
of real pearls for her special day!
{He's THE BEST Daddy!}
I've done some research on George A. Rush on
ancestry.com and found that he IS in fact Emma's
Great, great, great, great Grandfather!
{How COOL is that?}
George's daughter, Mary D. Rush married
Christopher Lane. They had a son named
Joseph, who had a son named Thomas {Tom}
who had a son, Robert Alan Lane{my father in-law}
who then had my handsome hubby,
Richard Thomas Lane + Jennifer Ashley Lane =
*Emma Grace Lane
*Abigail Elizabeth Lane
*Ethan Thomas {after Roberts dad}Lane
*Sophie Belle Lane
Sorry to bore you, I just find that fascinating!
I also find it interesting that all of the land that
present day Texas Tech University is on was
once Rush Ranch, later donated to the University
by the Rush family. Our neighborhood was also
once Rush land! Just neat how we are connected to it!
Our house, Emma's school, all Rush land!
The Lord definitely had his hand
in the purchase of our home! :)
Okay, back to the pics :)
Cutie
Trying to sneak a pic of Emma & Ethan
{he's in the anti-pic stage of life, you know,
the terrible two, drop to the ground screaming
stage any time a camera is in sight-stage :/}
Off she goes...
{at this very moment I wanted to grab her, freeze time,
and keep her this way forever, sweet, innocent little girl.
She'll never not be in school again til after college :/
Slow down time! You're just flying by!}
I'm not emotional about it at all... :/
3 of my little loves!
This is the 'before' Abby pic...that smile
wont be around long... :(
Little Miss Emma Grace
Enjoying her breakfast at her desk
{They serve breakfast in their
class every morning!}
Daddy getting his 'goodbye hug'
I totally held it all together until Ritchie had
to carry Abby out of Emma's class sobbing
and sobbing....literally one of the saddest moments
my memory :( I lost it as we walked down the hall
and out the door. And the tears didn't stop there...
we {Abby & I} cried all day long :(
Change is hard, on everyone. Even if its
a good change. Realizing that our little girl
is growing up, that she's in school now til
she graduates from college and is out of our home.
I know that she is going to flourish and learn
so many wonderful things! It's just hard to
let them go!
And the 'after' Abby pic.. she was SO sad,
wouldn't even look at the camera :(
Getting our minds off of missing Emma
at the Science Spectrum!
I laid Abby down for a nap in her own bed
and found her like this :( she really missed
her sissy!
Sweet Sophie Belle napping away!
I counted down the minutes til I could go
and get her! And finally...
my first glimpse of her!!!
she already looks bigger!
my beauty!
the Reunion!
Emma & her baby sis!
Well, we had a great first week, both
Emma at school and Abby, Ethan, Sophie and
I adjusting to our new routine! I started
my Fall Bible Study at FBC, we are doing
Esther and I am LOVING it! Abby starts PreK-3
tomorrow...pics and an emotional blog post are sure
to follow!

























Oh my goodness...I teared up while reading this. I'm so glad you have this blog-what a great way to document everything! Can't wait to be closer to you guys in just a few months-I'm hoping that there will be many more opportunities for me to spend time with yall!
ReplyDeleteAh, I can't even imagine when Claire starts Kindergarten...I will be in tears too! So glad Emma had a great first day though! Hope Abby's first day is the same! That's SO cool about the Lane family connection to the school and everything!
ReplyDelete