Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wrapping up a fabulous Summer :)



What a fabulous summer we've had!!
We enjoyed our last days of summer outside
soaking up the sunshine!!


The girls LOVE to pick Mommy's beautiful flowers...
How can I resist those little faces?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday we went to Mindfest @ the Discovery Center!
There was TONS of fun experiments going on!

We made a Diet Coke fountain...

made with...


Duct Tape




A liter of Diet drink...



Piping

AND Mentos...you've seen this before, right?


Ritchie was the engineer for the project...
{he might have had more fun with this than the girls...}









Emma LOVES using scissors...







Teamwork!



Another cool multi-fountain
built by the Discovery Center Staff...



Ethan wasn't as impressed by our Coke Fountain as the girls...


Next we wandered over to the
"OOBLECK" experiment...
{'oobleck-a sticky consistency made of cornstarch & water}


The girls were a little unsure at first...


Finally they dove on in...




if you run {quickly} you dont sink...



a little help from Daddy...







Ethan joined in on the fun and LOVED it!
{typical boy...loves messiness!}





Abby talked Daddy in to joining her!



...There's just one thing...
if you stop, you sink...



{if you were wondering, yes, those are
new dresses, imagine my face right now...}

I hadn't planned on this messy day
and if I'd know about the free t-shirts inside we
most definitely would have hit that up first...
oh well, just add it to my pile of laundry...





I do LOVE her face here, she had SUCH fun!



What a gooey mess...





Emma finally braved it!


As Mommy was off taking pics of the girls
a little escape artist {aka Ethan} made a mad dash for
the pool of goo...
{Mommy got to him just in time...}



What a fun morning spent learning at
the Discovery Center with my sweet
little family!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your feedback!!
Thanks,
Jen