Yesterday was the girl's Big Ballet Recital!
{they've been working hard all semester preparing for it!}
At the dress rehearsal I was a 'backstage Mom' along with
one other Mom...meaning we got to dress 12 little squirmy,
wriggly girls!
{all ages 4 and under!! Abby was by far the youngest at 2 1/2!}
The dress rehearsal was a somewhat stressful night
all around, the recital was at AC's Ordway theatre
which is a connected to a building where finals were
being held just up the stairs...needless to say we were
violently YELLED at by a crazy professor for being to loud...
bad planning on their part, but I thought we were
rather quiet for the 100 people we had back stage...
{Imagine trying to entertain 12 little ones for 30 minutes before the show and
20 minutes during intermission...all while trying to keep everyone quiet...}
Not to mention the fact that Abigail was freaking out, didn't want to go
on stage and clinging to me like a leech...
I was not sure how she would do for the actual show, but I thought
that she most likely would do better backstage if Mommy were not there
and surprisingly she did...she actually did FABULOUS!!! She went out there,
danced beautifully, {mostly to her own beat, the whole crowd
was rolling with laughter!!} but Mommy and Daddy could
not have been more proud of our littlest Ballerina!
Emma did an amazing job! She followed her teacher and
did everything that she was supposed to do! I am amazed that she has come
so far since last semester! Mommy and Daddy were astonished by our
beautiful Big girl! She did an awesome job! So proud!
{Last semester was Emma's first ballet recital and she begged me
to stay backstage both nights, the dress rehearsal and the Recital...and I did,
I missed both, so this time I was determined to sit in the audience and enjoy my
sweet little ballerinas on stage! SO glad I got to enjoy the show last night!}
Here are a few pics from our fun memorable night!
Pre-show snuggling!
Dancing to Tinkerbell
{Ethan did a great job sitting quietly in Mammy and Poppy's lap during the show :) }
LOVE this
My sweet Ballerina Beauties

















These pictures are PRICELESS!!!! I am just dying! Emma and Abigail are so so so beautiful. I am incredibly jealous...I want a little ballerina.
ReplyDelete