Last weekend we went to Amarillo
to celebrate Ritchie's birthday with
family & friends!
Happy 29th Birthday to my best friend
& Daddy to our 3 {almost 4!} beautiful kiddos!
He's the BEST Daddy in the whole wide world!
{We also celebrated our 10 year Dating Anniversary
yesterday! I'm SO blessed to have such an amazing partner
to do life with! I'm head over heels for this man, and I
always will be! Thank you Lord!}
On Sunday evening Ritchie was beyond
excited to go watch the solar eclipse, so we
loaded up in the van and headed to a dirt
road in the middle of no-where!
Here's some photos of our fun evening!
Ethan and Mammy spotted a train heading our way
just as we parked and unloaded!
Ethan became a little unsure of the train, probably thinking
'is that train gonna get me?'
...but once it began to pass he relaxed a bit and enjoyed
every bit!
waving to the train...and their favorite, the caboose!
my beauty Abby Beth!
Now for some shots of the sun!
{Ritchie found some welding goggles
at the shop & we were set!}
The beginning of the eclipse...
my sweet little bff's-they're so sweet to each other
{most of the time :)}
...I honestly don't know what
they'd do without one another!
Mammy & my absolute favorite
little boy in the whole world!
little boy in the whole world!
while strolling down the road we met a horse!
...about a third of the way thru the eclipse...
Abigail found a giant dandelion!
LOVE these two!
I'm SO excited to see how our
precious Sophie fits into the sisterhood! :)
dancing and twirling around, having the best time!
...then this little yucky guy caught us all by surprise...
{let me state that before we got out of the car when we
parked, Ritchie said, "dont go in the ditches, that's where
snakes live"}
...anyway, Abby was walking around the
open door to the van and just about stepped on this
hideous creature...he was a baby rattle snake! Luckily,
Ritchie was standing nearby and heard him start to rattle
and scooped Abby away to safety!
YUCK! I loath snakes...to say the least,
I'm just glad that the Lord was protecting our sweet girl!
...back to eclipse photos...
sorry there are so many, couldn't really pick a fav!
and finally, sunset!
Such a fun memory shared with my loves!
Topping off a fabulous birthday weekend for my
wonderful hubs :)














Jen! Those are amazing pictures of the eclipse! I haven't seen any others besides these. I'm super impressed! You take such fabulous pictures. Happy birthday to Ritchie!
ReplyDeleteLove you girl!