Friday, January 28, 2011

Milestone-o-rama...


Wow, has this week been a big week for Ethan! First, he finally cut his first little tooth {cutest little tooth ever!} Then, the next night we put him in his bed around 9, belly full, smiling sweetly, snuggling with his best bud {and wubbanub} Henry, and didn't hear from him again til 7 am!!! PRAISE JESUS!!! He slept ALL night! I had completely forgotten how refreshing a full nights sleep can be! {Not to mention, how much needed it was, especially with Mommy being at half mast with a yucky head cold} I actually was able to accomplish a lot today all without the help of a mid-afternoon nap!



And, finally, to top that, Ethan said his first word this morning...as much as Mama has practiced, and sang and said over and over...sadly, Mama was NOT his first word...instead, he surprised us all with "Da-Da, da da daaaadaaaaaadddaaa"! I know, I know, I should just be happy with the fact that he has said his first word...and I am...but I'm still waiting for that heart melting moment when he greets me with Ma-ma!! Until then, I'll enjoy listening to my budding jabber-box!!

And much to my delight, and not to be overshadowed by her talented younger brother, Abigail is showing us daily that she wants to be a big girl like Emma by going to the big girl potty! Today, we were grocery shopping at Sams and Emma informed us that she needed to go potty {across the store from the restrooms} so we told her to hold it and sped across the store...we made it! And of course Abby wants to do EVERYTHING Emma does, so I took her to the bathroom as well...not expecting her to actually do anything {usually she just sits there and then tears off a piece of toilet paper, throws it in, smiles, hops down and flushes} all the while clapping for her self! Today she actually went, and on demand!! Progress people, progress!!! One step closer to having only ONE baby in diapers!! Hooray!!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing your feedback!!
Thanks,
Jen